It is difficult to attain the national ranking status the Department of Neuroscience currently enjoys without the active support of its faculty, staff, post docs and graduate students. In an effort to identify and reward outstanding service by departmental staff members, the Neuroscience Employee Award has been created. There will be 4 quarterly awards per year (each with cash award of $100) and an annual Employee of the Year award ($250). In addition the winner will have lunch with the department Chair or Vice-Chair.
The Quarterly Employee Awards will be announced in April (for nominations submitted between January through March); July (April through June); October (July through September) and January (October through December). The Employee of the Year award will be selected from all nominations throughout the year and will be announced annually at the departmental Holiday Luncheon in December.
Some criteria currently identified as guidelines for determining these awards are:
- occurrence(s) of going above and beyond listed job duties
- continual high productivity and dependability
- demonstrated resource for other department labs and facilities
- positive interaction with faculty, staff, post docs and graduate students of the department
- contribution of personal time to departmental, college, or university initiatives
- other criteria outlined in a nomination
Anyone can nominate a staff member for this award. It can be accomplished in one of three ways: Pick up a printed form from the mail room (MN220), fill it out and send it to the Chair of the committee (identified on the form); or download the submission form here (pdf document) and send it to the Chair of the committee; or submit it electronically from the web-based submission page .
Each nomination will be required to include the following information:
- name of nominee
- name of nominator
- a brief description outlining why the person is being nominated